- Aim and Scope
- Publisher's Editorial & Publishing Policies
- Author Guidelines
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Copyright Notice
- Publication Ethics Statement
- Conflict of interest
- Statement of Human and Animal Rights
- Informed Consent
- Submission and Article-processing Charges
- Complaints Process
- Sources of Support
Aim and Scope
“Galician Medical Journal” is an open access, double-blinded peer-reviewed scholarly journal, published by Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
“Galician Medical Journal” covers the current topics of experimental and clinical medicine, publishes the results of original research, review articles, clinical case reports, commentaries, editorials, letters to the Editor, innovations in the sphere of medical education.
ISSN 2414-1518 (English ed. Online) ISSN 2306-4285 (Ukrainian ed. Print)
Main areas of interest includes:
- Medicine and medical education
- Anatomy, Histology, Pathology
- Biology, Cytology, Genetics
- Public health, hygiene, preventive medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Gynecology and obstetric
Publisher's Editorial & Publishing PoliciesDetailed information about Publisher's Editorial & Publishing Policies is available here
Editorial team requires that authors adhare ICMJE Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal.
Detailed information about Preparing a Manuscript for Submission is available at Submission Preparation Checklist page
Authors must cite timely and verified (peer-reviewed) scientific literature, relevant to the article, to proof any hypothesis or claims in the article.
At the same time, authors must avoid inappropriate, excessive, and not-relevant citation (including self-citation) or citation manipulation.
We suggest become familiar with COPE guidelines about citation manipulation (https://doi.org/10.24318/cope.2019.3.1)
Peer Review Process
"Galician Medical Journal" is peer-reviewed journal.
The manuscripts submitted to "Galician Medical Journal" will be reviewed for possible publication for the understanding that they have been submitted only to "Galician Medical Journal" and have not been published, simultaneously submitted, or accepted for publication elsewhere.
Once a manuscript is submitted, the manuscript is assessed by Editor for originality of work, serious scientific drawbacks and plagiarism. Editors adhere to COPE guidelines while dealing with issues of plagiarism. Then manuscript is reviewed by independent reviewers who will give the necessary recommendations according to which the article is published unaltered or is sent back to the author for corrections as advised by the reviewers, or rejected. The author is informed about decision.
Editors review peer review practices periodically to see if improvement is possible; provide appropriate peer reviewers training, inform them of the latest guidelines, recommendations, technological advances and actual data in peer review.
When appointing reviewers, editors require them to disclose any potential competing interests before agreeing to review a submission. After that, editors provide the appointed reviewers with access to all the materials that may be relevant to the manuscript evaluation. If necessary, at the reviewers’ request, editors request a statistical analysis of trial data from the authors.
Authors must avoid plagiarism. Any data, illustrations, materials, ideas, text taken from any materials should be cited.
Plagiarism includes direct copying text, with/without paraphrasing from a source without proper citation, self-plagiarism (reuse your own work, including its translation; salami-publication), patchwork plagiarism.
Editorial Teams of "Galician Medical Journal" use Crossref Similarity Check Powered by iThenticate.
Each manuscript is checked for plagiarism before peer-review stage. Editors may resubmit manuscript for similarity check at any peer-review or production stage if it will be required.
Similarity check report is analyzing individually for each manuscript with using COPE flowcharts if applicable. If plagiarism/self-plagiarism will be found authors will be informed.
Overlapping can be not considered as plagiarism in methods section if methods description are common for such kind of research.
- No1 - March
- No2 - June
- No3 - September
- No4 - December
Open Access Policy
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Publication Ethics Statement
Authors wishing to publish their papers in Galician Medical Journal are asked to abide to the following rules:
- Authorship and authors' contributions to the paper need to be fully and accurately disclosed (see here).
- Any facts that might be perceived as a possible conflict of interest of the author(s) need to be disclosed in the paper prior to submission (Conflict of Interest Statement see here).
- All funding of the research needs to be precisely disclosed.
- Authors should accurately present their research findings and include an objective discussion of the significance of their findings.
- Data and methods used in the research need to be presented in sufficient detail in the paper, so that other researchers can replicate the work.
- Plagiarism, data fabrication and image manipulation are not tolerated. Simultaneous submission of manuscripts to more than one journal is not tolerated.
- Republishing content that is not novel is not tolerated (for instance, an English translation of a paper that is already published in another language is not tolerated).
- If errors and inaccuracies are found by the authors after publication of their paper, those need to be promptly communicated to the editors of this journal, so that editors can issue a correction, updates or retraction of the paper.
All authors should have made substantial contributions to all of the following:
- the conception and design of the study, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data;
- drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content;
- final approval of the version to be submitted.
Authorship need to be disclosed in "Title page" file and/or the Comments for the Editor at the first paper submission step.
Conflict of interest
The editorial board of the journal provides authors with the highest quality review service by a team of peer reviewers who are able to judge the quality of the manuscript being fully independent of disqualifying conflicts of interest.
All authors are requested to disclose any conflicts of interest including any financial, personal or other relationships with other people or organizations that could inappropriately influence, or be perceived to influence, their work.
We, the editorial board of the journal, respect and support the request of the authors not to involve some reviewers for consideration of the manuscript if these requests are well-grounded and reasonable. If misconduct by reviewers is suspected we adhere to COPE guidelines and terminate the cooperation with the reviewers providing us with poor-quality and untimely reviews.
All reviewers are requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest to the journal editor before undertaking any peer review. If questions being not under consideration by COPE guidelines arise or new types of research misconduct are suspected the editorial board of the journal appeals to COPE.
All conflicts of interest should be indicated by the authors in the "Title page" file and/or the text of manuscript.
If there are no conflicts of interest then please state this: “Conflicts of interest: none” in "Title page" file and/or the text of manuscript..
Statement of Human and Animal Rights
All research, submitted for consideration for possible publication, must have been conducted according to ethical principles stated in international and local guidelines.
Authors, submitting manuscript to Galicain Medical Journal for consideration, should indicate whether the research on human subjects were conducted in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional and national) and according to WMA DECLARATION OF HELSINKI – ETHICAL PRINCIPLES FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH INVOLVING HUMAN SUBJECTS.
While authors report research experiments on animals, it should be decleared whether the research were performed according to the institutional and national guide for the care and use of laboratory animals and Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.
This information should be indicated in "Title page" file and/or the text of manuscript.
Authors, reporting reserch based on human subjects, should indicate obtaining patients' informed consent, based on WMA DECLARATION OF HELSINKI – ETHICAL PRINCIPLES FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH INVOLVING HUMAN SUBJECTS. Informed consent should be obtained if there is any doubt that anonymity can be maintained.
Any identifying information, such as names, initials, or hospital numbers, should not be available in manuscript text, photographs, etc (if such kind of the information is essential for scientific aims the patient's written informed consent for publication should be obtained).
Informed Consent should be stated in "Title page" file and/or the text of manuscript.
Submission and Article-processing Charges
The publication costs for Galician Medical Journal are covered by Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University at present, so authors do not need to pay any charges.
In case of disagree with reviewer comments, it is required to provide evidence and/or information in response to comments via opening discussion at peer-review stage.
If authors want to submit a complaint, or if they have any questions, please feel free to write us:
Oksana Popadynets, professor
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
Taras Kotyk, associate professor
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
The Sponsoring Organization of Galician Medical Journal at present is only:
Sources of Support
- Taras Kotyk (firstname.lastname@example.org)