Scientific and practical journal “Galician Medical Journal” covers the current issues of theoretical and practical medicine, publishes the results of various researches and innovations in the sphere of medicine and medical education.
The periodical publishes original research articles, review articles, book reviews, cases from practice and history of medicine.
ISSN 2414-1518 (English ed. Online)
ISSN 2306-4285 (Ukrainian ed. Print)
- Focus and Scope
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Publication Ethics Statement
- Statement of Human and Animal Rights
- Informed Consent
- Conflict of interest
- Submission and Article-processing Charges
- Complaints Process
- Sources of Support
Focus and Scope
Main areas of interest includes:
- Medicine and medical education
- Biology, Cytology, Genetics
- Public health, hygiene, preventive medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Gynecology and obstetric
- Therapeutics, pharmacology
Peer Review Process
"Galician Medical Journal" is peer-reviewed journal.
The manuscripts submitted to "Galician Medical Journal" will be reviewed for possible publication for the understanding that they have been submitted only to "Galician Medical Journal" and have not been published, simultaneously submitted, or accepted for publication elsewhere.
Once a manuscript is submitted, the manuscript is assessed by Deputy Editor or Executive Associate Editor for originality of work, serious scientific drawbacks and plagiarism. Editors adhere to COPE guidelines while dealing with issues of plagiarism. Then manuscript is reviewed by independent reviewers who will give the necessary recommendations according to which the article is published unaltered or is sent back to the author for corrections as advised by the reviewers, or rejected. The author is informed regarding the same.
Editors review peer review practices periodically to see if improvement is possible; provide appropriate peer reviewers training, inform them of the latest guidelines, recommendations, technological advances and actual data in peer review.
When appointing reviewers, editors should require them to disclose any potential competing interests before agreeing to review a submission. After that, editors provide the appointed reviewers with access to all the materials that may be relevant to the manuscript evaluation. After the reviewers’ final decision on a specific manuscript, editors share reviewers’ comments with coreviewers of the same paper, so reviewers can learn from each other in the review process. If necessary, at the reviewers’ request, editors request a statistical analysis of trial data from the authors.
- No1 - March - mid April
- No2 - June - mid July
- No3 - September - mid October
- No4 - December - mid January
Open Access Policy
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Publication Ethics Statement
Authors wishing to publish their papers in Galician Medical Journal are asked to abide to the following rules:
- Authorship and authors' contributions to the paper need to be fully and accurately disclosed (see here).
- Any facts that might be perceived as a possible conflict of interest of the author(s) need to be disclosed in the paper prior to submission (Conflict of Interest Statement see here).
- All funding of the research needs to be precisely disclosed.
- Authors should accurately present their research findings and include an objective discussion of the significance of their findings.
- Data and methods used in the research need to be presented in sufficient detail in the paper, so that other researchers can replicate the work.
- Plagiarism, data fabrication and image manipulation are not tolerated. Simultaneous submission of manuscripts to more than one journal is not tolerated.
- Republishing content that is not novel is not tolerated (for instance, an English translation of a paper that is already published in another language is not tolerated).
- If errors and inaccuracies are found by the authors after publication of their paper, those need to be promptly communicated to the editors of this journal, so that editors can issue a correction, amendment or retraction of the paper.
Statement of Human and Animal Rights
Authors, submitting manuscript to Galicain Medical Journal for consideration, should indicate whether the research on human subjects were conducted in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional and national) and according to WMA DECLARATION OF HELSINKI – ETHICAL PRINCIPLES FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH INVOLVING HUMAN SUBJECTS.
While authors report research experiments on animals, it should be decleared whether the research were performed according to the institutional and national guide for the care and use of laboratory animals and Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.
This information should be indicated in "Title page" file and/or in the “Comments for the Editor” field when submitting the manuscript.
Authors, reporting reserch based on human subjects, should indicate obtaining patients' informed consent, based on WMA DECLARATION OF HELSINKI – ETHICAL PRINCIPLES FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH INVOLVING HUMAN SUBJECTS. Informed consent should be obtained if there is any doubt that anonymity can be maintained.
Any identifying information, such as names, initials, or hospital numbers, should not be available in manuscript text, photographs, etc (if such kind of the information is essential for scientific aims the patient's written informed consent for publication should be obtained).
Informed Consent should be stated in "Title page" file and/or in the “Comments for the Editor” field when submitting the manuscript.
All authors should have made substantial contributions to all of the following:
- the conception and design of the study, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data;
- drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content;
- final approval of the version to be submitted.
Authorship need to be disclosed in the Comments for the Editor at the first paper submission step.
Conflict of interest
The editorial board of the journal provides authors with the highest quality review service by a team of peer reviewers who are able to judge the quality of the manuscript being fully independent of disqualifying conflicts of interest.
All authors are requested to disclose any conflicts of interest including any financial, personal or other relationships with other people or organizations that could inappropriately influence, or be perceived to influence, their work.
We, the editorial board of the journal, respect and support the request of the authors not to involve some reviewers for consideration of the manuscript if these requests are well-grounded and reasonable. If misconduct by reviewers is suspected we adhere to COPE guidelines and terminate the cooperation with the reviewers providing us with poor-quality and untimely reviews.
All reviewers are requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest to the journal editor before undertaking any peer review. If questions being not under consideration by COPE guidelines arise or new types of research misconduct are suspected the editorial board of the journal appeals to COPE.
All conflicts of interest should be indicated by the authors in the “Comments for the Editor” field when submitting the manuscript.
If there are no conflicts of interest then please state this: “Conflicts of interest: none” in the “Comments for the Editor” field when submitting the manuscript.
Submission and Article-processing Charges
The publication costs for Galician Medical Journal are covered by Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University at present, so authors do not need to pay any charges.
If authors want to submit a complaint, or if they have any questions, please feel free to write us:
Prof. O. H. Popadynets
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
The Sponsoring Organization of Galician Medical Journal at present is only:
Sources of Support
- Taras Kotyk